Dog shows are fun and funny. There are times when you will have to travel long distances, and this can be difficult. You have to remember to pack everything you need, before you start your journey. If you forget everything else, please remember to bring a blanket, a pillow, and a stadium seat cushion.
The weather might be a little bit chilly, and the seat cushion is to protect your bottom from the hard bleachers. The pillow is for resting your head when you are traveling in the car, and want to take a light nap. Just in case you have never been to a dog show before, or perhaps you need a friendly reminder as to what you need to take along, here is a list of things you need to include in your travel kit:
– Bottled water– at least a 24 pack
– Zip lock bags – great for storing snacks
– Towels of seat covers– great for protecting your seats from pet hair
– Paper towels– to clean up the spills
– Lint roller– good for removing lint from your clothes or seats
– Air freshener– great for masking doggie scents
– First aid kit– anything can happen along the way
– Raincoat– you never know when the weather will change
– Lifejacket– just an extra precaution
– Prescription medication– please don’t leave home without your meds
– Pack your own chair– unless you want to stand the entire time
– Medical records– proof your pet is disease free
– Poop bags– you don’t want to leave home without these
– Pet shot record– proof your pet has all its vaccinations
– Vet number– have the number of a vet in the city you are going
Tips to remember
Always look where you are stepping. Not everyone will bring poop bags, or follow directions. If you step in doggy poop, everyone will know it. You cannot hide the smell.
Bring plenty of treats for your dog, yourself, and any children you might bring along. Your dog will perform better and act nicely if he knew a surprise is waiting.
Whatever you do, please remember to bring the kennel. After all, you don’t want to put up a missing dog sign in another part of the country, right?